HOW TO LIVE BETTER.
what I should do to enjoy life more,
to be happier,
to become the better person that I want to be:
1. SLEEP MORE. (And enjoy it)
2. RUN AND BIKE MORE. (Feel alive. Be healthy. Drink more water.)
3. BE MORE INTENTIONAL. ENJOY THE SIMPLE THINGS. APPRECIATE EVERYTHING.
4. SMILE MORE. LAUGH MORE. BE ALIVE.
5. LEARN THINGS. GROW AS A PERSON. CONTRIBUTE TO SOCIETY.
6. DO THE THINGS YOU LOVE: read books, write poetry, try new recipes, cook for friends, go on long walks, explore, be with friends, drink coffee, make new friends, be creative, plan adventures, listen to old music, keep your house clean.
7. BE BRAVE.
8. APPRECIATE THE PEOPLE IN YOUR LIFE. SHOW THEM AND TELL THEM SO. Be a good friend when they need you and when they don’t.
9. ADMIT YOU HAVE FLAWS, AND BE OKAY WITH THEM.
10. BE RESPONSIBLE. Learn from your choices.
We’ll see how this checklist shakes out. When it comes down to it, I’ve been stuck in a weird restless wanting to do something big, wanting to become a much better person, bored with the day to day drag, needing mountains and nature and fresh air and crime free streets, needing to feel safe and free, and I’m sick of it all. I know I don’t actually need to go somewhere else to become better, to be happy, and I do so much love this city and my people here, and part of me wants to leave and part of me wants to stay forever. I know I just want to and need to work on me.
Bottom line: I need to always do what is most important RIGHT NOW. “Be here now.” Trust myself and enjoy my life.